Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Leica CL TakeUp Spool Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Leica CL TakeUp Spool « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ncc1701
Tinkerer
Username: Ncc1701

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 08:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all!

I an trying to replace this spool.
I have got to the rewind shaft bushing. Two notches @ opposite sides. What tool should I have? Where can I purchase this tool. I tried a spanner but I seem to be damaging the brass. Should I be turning counterclockwise?

Any info would help.
I have followed the Leica repair handbook but would not want to cause more damage to bushing.

Thanks in advance.

http://books.google.com/books?id=NSP6sQk2avkC&pg=PA40&lpg=PA40&dq=leica+cl+rewin d+bushing&source=bl&ots=ofyk1verVN&sig=SP2zXTCKFqovqgEbraGsjCI_WBA&hl=en&sa=X&ei =VJlPT8nBF4-yrAfo2JG9DQ&ved=0CCkQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=leica%20cl%20rewind%20bushin g&f=false
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 980

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 09:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Leica repair manual gives you, in very clear terms, all the information you require to make a simple tool to unscrew this bushing - do not use an ordinary spanner, you will bugger up the bush!

If you cannot find a suitable piece of steel tubing to make the tool, proceed as follows. Find/purchase a 4mm AF 1/4" drive socket that has an outer diameter of as near to 5.5mm as you can get - I have a cheap Chinese set where the end diameter that fits over the nut is approx 6mm. Place drive end of socket in a vice and using a file form two upstanding lugs in the center of two diametrically opposite flats. These lugs need to be a good fit in the notches in the bushing, and be of such a height that the filed away surfaces of the socket sit flush on the face of the bushing. This prevents the notches being torn out or the lugs broken off. If the outer diameter of 5.5mm is critical for clearance, file down the outer diameter until the tool clears any obstructions. If thread is as per Minolta CL, then unscrew counter clockwise.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration