Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zenit 3m mirror trouble. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Zenit 3m mirror trouble. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dannyd
Tinkerer
Username: Dannyd

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 02, 2012 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi before i start i am not that good with cameras. XD

the other day i found an old camera lurking about and decided to try and gett it working, first thing i did was wind it, it worked but the mirror did not lock into place so i cannot look through the view finder.

is it an easy relatively cheap fix or is my camera dead?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Thepurush
Tinkerer
Username: Thepurush

Post Number: 24

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 02:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is relatively simple. See this page in which ther is a pic shwoing how the mirror is actuated. There is a circular cam at the bottom which actually moves the lever at the bottom move up n down. But it seems in yr case it is the end of lever at the top which got wedged above roller. Remove the lense and u can see tht roller below mirror. Try relleiveing it. The mirror easily sanps back in to rest posiion. If necessary remove the plate at the bottom that covers the gears. This plate is accessible from front after removing lense. Note the 2 small screws holding it in place. You dont need to remove bottom plate.
Good luck.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration