Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus pen ft focus shift Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus pen ft focus shift « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Langhp
Tinkerer
Username: Langhp

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 06:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My olympus pen ft has the shift focus.Because of the focus screen.I change it with the new slipt type.But the new one is not the original brand product.It is 1.5mm in tall.And the original one is 1mm in tall.So I have to adjust the viewfinder system to fit the new situation.But I have no idea to do that.I am the old camera fans.Can any one give me some suggestion?I have the picutre for the viewfinder system.But I cant upload here.If some one need,I'll email.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

R_a_feldman
Tinkerer
Username: R_a_feldman

Post Number: 21

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 05, 2012 - 09:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I understand you correctly, you replaced the focusing screen with a thicker one. This has shifted the focusing surface of the screen 0.5mm out of alignment. There is no practical way you can adjust the viewfinder to work with this screen as installed. The focusing surface of the new screen MUST be in the same position as the original one. The original screen was positioned so that its focusing surface was the same distance from the lens mounting flange as the film. With the new screen, these distances are not the same.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration