Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak 620 shutter advice Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Kodak 620 shutter advice « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ludo
Tinkerer
Username: Ludo

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 02:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I received a battered Kodak 620 6x9 folder yesterday, with the beautiful Angenieux 100/4.5 lens. The shutter would not cock, so I opened it and found that one of the parts was displaced, with its spring loose, and it prevented the shutter to cock.

Displaced part

I removed it to check how it could fit, and the shutter started working: it cocks perfectly and it fires without hesitation at all speeds, without that part.

Does anybody know what it's for? Is it related to flash sync? How should it be put back, I guess with the round part facing the cocking ring maybe. And if I put it back, is there a risk it will get out of place again, in which case I'd much prefer a non-working sync but a working shutter.

A couple of views of the shutter before removing the incriminated part.

Kodak 620 shutter 1

Kodak 620 shutter 2

Hanskerensky
Tinkerer
Username: Hanskerensky

Post Number: 178

Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 05:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ludo, never had a Kodak shutter opened before but my first guess would be that the contact tongue should be in the vicinity of the flash connector.
Or is that a small spring sticking out of it ? The photo is very small.

Normally such a component is screwed to the baseplate. Did you also find a loose screw ?

Ludo
Tinkerer
Username: Ludo

Post Number: 7

Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 05:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hans thanks for your reply. that component is not screwed anywhere, it just slips on the post you see in the pictures. And no screws fell out of the shutter either.

I will try taking better pictures tonight.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration