Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus Trip 35 wobbly lens Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus Trip 35 wobbly lens « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aford
Tinkerer
Username: Aford

Post Number: 95

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 04:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a very nice Oly Trip but the lens is loose from the body. There are some screws loose somewhere. Some help with getting in there would be appreciated.

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 332

Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 05:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.thermojetstove.com/Trip35/

Aford
Tinkerer

Post Number: 96

Posted on Monday, March 19, 2012 - 04:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Adrian thats just what I needed.

Cheers - Alf

Aford
Tinkerer

Post Number: 97

Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 05:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I managed to fix the wobbly lens and it wasn't too difficult, this is what I did.

1. Remove top and bottom cover plates. Put some blutack around the shutter button to stop it falling out.
2. Remove leather fabric from both sides of the lens, it comes off easily.
3. Undo the two exposed screws and remove the two lens side plates.
4. This reveals the lens mounting plate, remove the four screws. One of the screws (top right) has a clip to secure the wires.
5. Carefully pull off the lens together with the mounting plate and the meter/viewfinder assembly.
6. On the back of the lens mounting plate are the four screws holding the lens, tighten them up and seal them with nail varnish.
7. When re-assembling make sure the wires are in the right position.

Hope this helps somebody.

Elliotjking
Tinkerer
Username: Elliotjking

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 06:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just to let you know this just helped me out enormously - thanks!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration