Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ricoh 519 Frame Overlap Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Ricoh 519 Frame Overlap « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nick_merritt
Tinkerer
Username: Nick_merritt

Post Number: 27

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 08:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got back the first roll from my Ricoh 519 and was disappointed to find a fair amount of frame overlap in the first half of the roll. The film winding seemed smooth and didn't give me any indication of a problem. Is there a trick to using the trigger wind? Or is the film spacing somehow dependent on the amount of film on the takeup spool (which doesn't seem right)? I expect this is too difficult a fix for my skills but would be interested in knowing what's required. Thanks.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 265

Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 09:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could someone have changed out the spool before you got this camera? And check to see if there is exessive wear on the drive connector from the bottom plate.

PF

Nick_merritt
Tinkerer
Username: Nick_merritt

Post Number: 28

Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 03:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the reply. The spool looks original. As for excessive wear on the drive connector (I assume you mean the part on the body itself, not the linkage attached to the camera back), it looks OK -- though to be sure I've got nothing to compare it with.

I will say that the design doesn't appear to provide a lot of mechanical advantage as compared with a regular wind lever, but I'm sure it was a reliable enough design.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration