Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Balda Super Baldina Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Balda Super Baldina « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brianw
Tinkerer
Username: Brianw

Post Number: 11

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 03:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

O.K., Against prior posts, I am ready to attempt a repair of the above camera. The problem is that when the shutter is cocked, as the wind lever is returned to the rest position, the shutter fires. Any suggestions?

Wonloo
Tinkerer
Username: Wonloo

Post Number: 48

Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 08:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just fixed a Baldina shutter. My problem was when the winding level returning from the fully wound to rest position, the shutter blades opened and closed like it was firing. But, the shutter was never really cocked.

The first two pictures show the normal positions of the shutter.
pic1
The level on the 9 O'clock is the shutter release link to the release button.
pic2
The next two are the positions when you fully wind the shutter and they should stay there when you move the level back to rest position.
pic3
pic4

If that is not the case, the shutter was not cocked. I may be able to help you on this.

Brianw
Tinkerer
Username: Brianw

Post Number: 12

Posted on Friday, March 23, 2012 - 11:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Wonloo, Thank you for your assistance. I have discovered that the shutter holding lever (circled in red) was not properly mated to the shutter cocking disc/spring pallet. I carefully adjusted the lever and it than held the pallet properly. I don't know why there are so many negative notes on this camera. Repair seems easy and once you do a CLA, the camera is capable of taking good photos.

Wonloo
Tinkerer
Username: Wonloo

Post Number: 49

Posted on Friday, March 23, 2012 - 01:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The issue with Balda cameras is not how easy to fix but why so easy to break. I have worked on one and seen another three in trad show. All of them need repair works beyond a CLA. The one that I worked on has a pin broken off inside the shutter. So far, Balda is the only one in my collection that needs repair before it can be used.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration