Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kiev 88 won't expose film Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Kiev 88 won't expose film « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jimshootsfilm
Tinkerer
Username: Jimshootsfilm

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 06:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I have a Kiev 88 that I just shot 11 rolls of film with...and the first 3 pictures on the first roll turned out and the rest are totally blank! The film is unexposed. I can see the consecutive numbers on the film so it's not a problem that happened when the film was being processed.

The camera opens its shutter, I can see it is exposing film, the lens lets through light - I have tried two film backs and my polaroid back.

Interestingly (bizarrely), some light gets through on my polaroids - in one of the polaroids, the entire frame of the polaroid is exposed, not just the square area that should be only exposed. I also managed to get one shot out that exposed properly, and immediately took another shot...only to have a black, unexposed polaroid turn out. I've attached a picture of all the polaroids.

What is going on? I'm banging my head against the wall on this one! Any help would be appreciated!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

T6nn
Tinkerer
Username: T6nn

Post Number: 29

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 09:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the shutter speeds correspond to the markings on the dial? In other words, does the shutter stay open, consistently, for half a second at "2" or do they all seem random to you?
Otherwise I can image the film transport in the back could be broken, or the film installed not correctly, or the camera (wrongly) allowing you to release the shutter with the dark slide still in?
The single wholly exposed polaroid has to be an user error, while the others may point to the shutter or the dark slide again.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration