Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya/Sekor 1000 DTL re-wire Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Mamiya/Sekor 1000 DTL re-wire « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kojax_photo
Tinkerer
Username: Kojax_photo

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 05:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just bought a 1000 DTL at a local antique store for $20 today, and noticed that the shutter wasn't moving. It had no battery, and when I was going to replace it with a new one, the socket was so corroded, that I had to clean it up. I did the best I could, but there was still no contact. I think that the corrotion got deeper than the battery, and I might need to get inside to re-wire parts, or at least clean some of it out.

Any veterans that could lend a hand? or any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I love the way this camera feels, and REALLY want to be able to use it this summer.
Thanks everyone!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John_s
Tinkerer
Username: John_s

Post Number: 80

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 02:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is a mechanical camera so the shutter should work without the battery, which only powers the exposure meter. If it won't work there is something else wrong apart from the battery.
Its usually easy to remove the base plate of an SLR. You should then be able to see how bad the corrosion is and whether you can reattach the wires if corroded through. Also it's sometimes possible to free up a jammed camera when at least some of the mechanism has thus been exposed, by gently moving any levers, gears, cams etc you can see.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration