Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

How to remove Nikkor 28mm F3.5 AI fro... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » How to remove Nikkor 28mm F3.5 AI front element « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ivanku
Tinkerer
Username: Ivanku

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 05:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I have a nice Nikkor 28mm F3.5 AI lens, recently I found there are fungus in the front glass, but I could not remove the name ring to take out the lens to do cleaning, does anyone know how to take the front element out.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1194

Posted on Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't have notes on that specific lens. In general, the front end of Nikkor lenses unscrews but is secured by a set screw in one side. Often the set screw is not accessible because it's covered by the front end of the focusing ring, even when extended to the close focus limit. In these cases, the front end of the focusing ring is removable - in some lenses it unscrews off the front of the focusing ring, and in others you remove the rubber grip and find a taped seam underneath, where you just peel off the tape and the front half of the focusing ring comes off. Then you remove the set screw from the side of the front barrel, unscrew the front end and lift out the entire lens unit to the front.

Ivanku
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 10:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Rick,

Thank for your post. I have just opened the front retaining ring (still don't know how to open then name ring. Good, I could take out the front piece of lens and cleaned it. Anyway the lens is clean dand clear now.

Ivanku
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 11:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Rick,

Yes, I just found a set screw on the barrel, it was covered by black paint that was why I could not find any way to unscrew the name ring. Now I can take the whole front element out. Thank you.set screw location

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration