Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Hexanon 50mm 1.7 in four pieces!? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Hexanon 50mm 1.7 in four pieces!? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Docz
Tinkerer
Username: Docz

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 12:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I have just purchased a 50mm F1.7 Hexanon lens, and when I got it, it arrived in three pieces. The focusing ring, the aperture ring/scale and the glass assembly. I unscrewed the mount to see if there was any clue as to how I can put these pieces back together. It seems there is a slot for aperture assembly's rod to lock the position of the optics and aperture ring, and there seems to be a little rod that connects to a slider that is connected to the shutter rod that operates the iris. And there seems to be a thread on the focusing ring that screws into both the aperture and optical assemblies. I can put the aperture assembly over the optics, and align the slot/rods to operate the iris and aperture mechanics. And the focus ring screws fine into either the aperture or optical assembly, but I cannot seem to find the right technique to fit bot h the optics and the aperture assembly. Does anyone out there know how to do this? It would be a same to let this lens go to waste, and there are n't any photo/repair shops around here.

Any help would be great!

:-)

Docz
Tinkerer
Username: Docz

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 05:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I managed to get the thing back together. However, now the focus ring is "sticky" in the middle, and the focus ring doesn't stop at the close end of the scale, and focusing past that point let's the iris coupling to slide out of the "clamp" linking it to the shutter lever. Any tips on how I might fix this?

John_shriver
Tinkerer
Username: John_shriver

Post Number: 73

Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2012 - 08:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The multiple-start threads on the helical are on the wrong start. This is a painful "trial and error" process when you get a lens in parts.

The stickiness could be due to the helical being on the wrong start. Or it could be because the lens has been dropped, and is bent.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration