Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus PEN FT shutter stucks at low ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus PEN FT shutter stucks at low speeds « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nico
Tinkerer
Username: Nico

Post Number: 58

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 08, 2012 - 04:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everybody! After a very long time being working in many other things, I could finally spend some hours finishing this out. First I want to say thank you very much to Olympfix and specially to Msiegel who was very kind translating that german text for me.

Thanks to your help and some others in the forum I could successfully install the mirror box in the correct position and retention it well.

Now, when everything looked OK and ready to shot I discovered that the shutter mechanism has a problem too: It stucks open everytime you shoot at speeds form 1 sec to 1/4, while faster speeds and B seems perfect to me. The blade remains open until you set the speed to any other of the speeds that works. Before any assumption blamed the mirror box coupling for this I tried firing WITHOUT the mirror box and it happens the same, so it's definitely the Shutter Mech.
I tried to run some lighter fluid trough it but it didn't helped, and later a deep sink with same results.
I think it has something to do with the retaining time clockwork but I don't want to start disassembling things and loosing springs and gears all around.

Anyone had experienced this symptom?
If not, where do you recommend I should start unscrewing things?

Thanks a lot!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration