Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica C35 change ASA speed Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica C35 change ASA speed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gorben
Tinkerer
Username: Gorben

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 13, 2012 - 10:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I just bought a Konica C35. There was no metering so I managed to open and replace the faulty corroded wire. Now that the camera is completely open, I was wondering if I could re-adjust the meter to shift the ASA from 100 to 1600 instead of 25 to 400. I have no use of ASA speed below 100, but I could definitely use ASA speed > 400.
I read few things on CdS meter (specially one really good pdf on this forum), but I am not sure if this would work.

Anybody ever tried it?
Thanks a lot for your help,

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 285

Posted on Friday, April 13, 2012 - 03:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There may be design limitations in the shutter and aperture to how much you can push the circuitry.

PF

Gorben
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, April 13, 2012 - 11:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually I didn't want to change the aperture/speed of the camera, but the idea was more to shift the meter so it meters the 25 ASA as a 100 ASA and the 400 ASA as a 1600 ASA.
Well I guess I will just use the camera as it is supposed to be used. ;)
Thanks anyway :-)

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 160

Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 06:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From my recent experience, there is no easy way to adjust a C35 meter. There is no pot to adjust, and the galvanometer does not rotate. It looks like the meter was calibrated at the time of assembly by putting small neutral density filters in front of the Cds cell.

Donnie_strickland
Tinkerer
Username: Donnie_strickland

Post Number: 151

Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 07:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think what Phil is saying is that with a top shutter speed of 1/650, and a minimum aperture of 14.3, if you were using 800 or 1600 speed film in bright light, the shutter would not be fast enough to expose the film properly even if the meter were reading correctly.

Gorben
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 09:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok I understand. Thanks for your answers.

Also, I cannot unscrew the little screw (in the film area?) to adjust the horizontal RF. It is jammed. My RF is off. Do you have any trick to adjust the RF without going through that screw or to unjammed the screw?
Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration