Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Netter 6x6 Vario Shutter Repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Zeiss Netter 6x6 Vario Shutter Repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 292

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 20, 2012 - 07:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When I got this camera, the shutter was completely locked up. No sort of cajoling would make it budge from it's recalcitrant position. So I threw it in with the rest of the fixers, and forgot about it for a year. Then last night I took it out of the cabinet, and started to see just what the problem was.

I could trip the shutter with a dental pick moving the trip lever, but as soon as I wound it, it locked up again. Seemed the catch lever was not operating as it was supposed to. So when I manipulated the lever into position, I still could not trip the shutter using the release button on the camera.

I took the screw out that held the catch lever, hold lever, and tensioning spring out of the shutter, and it worked okay that way. To make a long story short, I had to adjust the protusions on the catch lever so that One; the main lever would push the catch lever into the proper position, and Two; the catch lever would clear the shutter release lever.

If you visit my Flickr set on this subject, you'll see in better detail than I can put here how it all worked out.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjz1wBk9

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration