Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon A-1 second curtain won't releas... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Canon A-1 second curtain won't release « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rogerkuo
Tinkerer
Username: Rogerkuo

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 11:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Canon A-1. It seems the second curtain will not release unless i pull the the power on lever to "L".
I guess may be the magnet always working, so the second curtain cannot be released?
So all shutter speed changed to "B"
What can i do?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rogerkuo
Tinkerer
Username: Rogerkuo

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 11:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

this camera was normal when i got it, except the shutter squeak, so i use a inject to lube it, but unforturnately my friend told me olive oil is very good for some mechanism lube, so i used it, and the mirror gums up.
so i remove the top cover, take off the mirror box, then give it a CLA. it works again.
but after that, the curtain stuck. so i open the camera again and find a plastic debris in the shutter gear. and things go worse. all shutter speed changed to "B"
And in the pic, point 5-6 and poin 7 is short. i don't know why.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration