Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon EOS 50E QD porting Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Canon EOS 50E QD porting « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Fnx
Tinkerer
Username: Fnx

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 03:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi.. I have 2 canons EOS 50E. One has the QD date, the other doesn't. The QD one has a shutter malfunction, the other one works great. I want to port the QD feature to the working camera. I see that the quartz and the battery is located on the back plate.
My question is: if I only change the back plate from one to another is enough, or there are other in-body differencies, like different firmware?

Hollenbj
Tinkerer
Username: Hollenbj

Post Number: 28

Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Canon EOS not a classic camera (yet). I doubt anyone here can help. Good luck.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 297

Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 11:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There has to be something that triggers the data back to imprint on the film, such as either a mechanical device striking a micro switch, or a signal sent via an IC through a cable to the back.

There may be some contacts between the body and data back (gold coated) where the signals go through. This may be built into the body on all models, because sometimes it's just as economical to go ahead and build in features, rather than have different components, thus complicating the supply line of parts. You don't want to build cameras missing features if there is a screw-up on the asembly line, and you don't want too many of one model, and not enough of another. So check to see how the data back communicates with the body of the camera, and you may find your answer.

If you need further help, I suggest your joining the Camera Repair group on Yahoo. They handle more up-to-date stuff than we do here.

PF

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 298

Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 10:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's Camera-Fix Group on Yahoo. Let us know how things work out.

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration