Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Franka Rolfix Prontor S questions Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Franka Rolfix Prontor S questions « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Logandiana
Tinkerer
Username: Logandiana

Post Number: 28

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 02:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Franka Rolfix (at least that's what I have been told it is). It has the Prontor S shutter and 105 f4.5 lens. The camera is really good shape. The shutter works great at all speeds and the lenses are pretty clean and clear. The exception is the front element that has a few specs of dust on the rear side. I'd like instructions on how to remove the front element. Anyone know how? Also is there away to disassemble and clean the viewfinder cube thingy? It's pretty cloudy. Somewhere along the way in this camera's life it has lost a screw on the right front side of the shutter. Where could I find a replacement?
http://500px.com/photo/7089803
http://500px.com/photo/7089804

John_s
Tinkerer
Username: John_s

Post Number: 86

Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 06:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look at the pin which sticks out from the rotating part of the lens - the infinity stop. If it's actually a screw, you should be able to remove it and then the front cell will just unscrew from the body.

If it's not a screw,just remove the two screws which secure the bracket on the body, which can be seen on your picture - same difference.

In either case as you unscrew the lens, mark its orientation at the point where it comes free from the threads, and when replacing it, start to screw it back at this position. The reason is that the focussing threads have multiple "starts" and if you engage the thread on the wrong start, the focus will be out.

Please note I've no experience of this particular folder but they are all fairly similar in principle.

Logandiana
Tinkerer
Username: Logandiana

Post Number: 29

Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 03:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks John
That worked, although what I first thought was dust on the back side of the lens is actually imperfections in the lens itself (airbubbles or something) that I can't do anything about anyway.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration