Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta Hi-Matic 11 Stuck Aperture? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta Hi-Matic 11 Stuck Aperture? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Teraforce88
Tinkerer
Username: Teraforce88

Post Number: 38

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 05:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yesterday, I acquired a Hi-Matic 11 in very good physical condition, but I didn't acquire a battery for it until today. Today, when I was operating the shutter with the back open, I noticed that the aperture blades were not moving at all when I was depressing the shutter release. The blades seem to be stuck halfway closed (~f/5.6-f/8), and they do not move at all, no matter what the settings and lighting conditions are (the meter works just fine). There doesn't appear to be any oil on the blades from what I can see.

Another minor issue is if I advance the film too quickly, the shutter won't re-cock properly (I can't depress the shutter release), and I have to keep advancing the film until it re-cocks properly, thereby wasting film. This does not happen if I advance the film slower.

Do you guys have any pointers regarding how the aperture mechanism works, along with any tips on disassembly? Thanks.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration