Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

What's the diference between a Minolt... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » What's the diference between a Minolta MC & MD Lens « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter_nap
Tinkerer
Username: Peter_nap

Post Number: 5

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, May 04, 2012 - 06:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a 50mm 1.7 RokkorX MC lens and ordered an adapter from Fodiox for it. The adapter says MD and the lens will start into it, but not seat.

I called Fodiox and they said it was the right adapter.

Is there a difference?

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 300

Posted on Friday, May 04, 2012 - 07:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The MC lenses were made for the SRT series, and the MD lenses came out with the X series. Basically, the Minolta manual focus lens mount has been the same ever since the S series cameras, with modifications for each new series, but completely backwards compatible. In other words, you should be able to use an MD lens on an SR body. The only major difference between an MD and an MC is the addition of the Program Mode Lock that is used on the X-700. Of course, there are going to be differences in elements, and barrel construction. But the mounts should all be compatible with any manual focus Minolta body. Check to see if there is a pin sticking out that is hampering the lens from fully seating in the adapter.

PF

Mndean
Tinkerer
Username: Mndean

Post Number: 280

Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 10:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's the right adapter, MC and MD have no difference in lens seating, as I use MC lenses all the time on my X-700 without issue. The only difference is an extra tab on the aperture ring. It's there to signal what the smallest aperture is to the body when used on shutter-preferred or program modes for XD and later X series bodies.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration