Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Miranda FV, film advance locks mirror up Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Miranda FV, film advance locks mirror up « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tikal
Tinkerer
Username: Tikal

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 07, 2012 - 07:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The film advance locks the mirror up and engages the auto aperture, making focusing impossible. The shutter button does drop the mirror back down and opens the aperture. Sometimes the mirror does not drop back down, but will on the next cycle.

Also shutter speeds above 1/15 including B do not look/sound correct. It sounds like only one curtain moving and I can't see any light. Speeds 1/15 to 1 look and sound correct.

I've been trying to search the archives for anything I might be able to do, reset, something specific to clean, etc. I'm just looking for a little direction to start troubleshooting. Thanks.

Old_school
Tinkerer
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 150

Posted on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 07:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

T: Start by looking at the bottom remove the cover & check the action of the wind & mirror cocking levers see if anything is amuck or out of place like a broken spring or one that has jumped off a lever from impact. Next look at the curtain travel & see if on B they travel all the way across the aperture with complete travel. Next check the flash sync speed like 60 & watch the travel. May be the first curtain is running slow as the second one has the power to drive the retard mechanism. Take a look through the REPAIR MANUALS above for some reference material. Good luck!
Always The Best Mike....

Mndean
Tinkerer
Username: Mndean

Post Number: 281

Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 03:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

FYI I think flash sync is 1/45 or some odd speed like that. It's the X speed that sits between 1/30 and 1/60.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration