Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta Miniflex Standard removal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta Miniflex Standard removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hired_goon
Tinkerer
Username: Hired_goon

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi -
First post - longtime lurker. Hello everyone! I'm hoping someone might be able to answer an easy question.
I've got a Minolta Miniflex with a standard that's seemingly loose, and with a small amount of pressure to the top of the standard, can pivot on a lower attaching point, and move the viewing lens out of parallel with the film plane. I don't know exactly how the standard attaches - it isn't obvious. I'm quite familiar with standards on Rolleiflexes, and other TLRs, but these are quite different. It behaves as if a screw might be missing that holds the upper part of the standard rigid, but I can't remove it to find out what if anything might be amiss. I've had the body mostly disassembled to fix other issues, but can't figure out how to remove the standard....I don't mean the trim ring/bay mounts around the lenses - but the standard itself. Is anyone out there more familiar with these, and could let me know how it's attached?

Maybe this is simply normal behavior, and it just isn't as rigid as the standard on a Rolleiflex? I suppose that could be a possibility as well.

Thank you!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration