Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rolleiflex T Odd Problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Rolleiflex T Odd Problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John_s
Tinkerer
Username: John_s

Post Number: 89

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 11:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've bought a Rolleiflex T from a local market. Everything's working OK except for one odd problem. When I wind on with the focus set between around six feet to infinity, the shutter operates properly. When I wind on with the focus set between three and around five feet, the shutter doesn't open and there's just a click. Note that it's the focus position when winding on which is critical, rather than the focus position when I actually press the shutter, so I can use it by resetting the focus to infinity before winding on every time, but I wondered if anyone has experienced this and what the problem might be.

I know the long term answer is to get it professionally fixed. Thanks.

Mareklew
Tinkerer
Username: Mareklew

Post Number: 273

Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 02:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The shutter is an independent assembly and is cocked by a lever going from the winding winch to the front of the camera. Since focusing closer moves the lensplate further away from the camera body, at some point the lever will disengage. In a healthy camera it will disengage well past the point of the closest focus, but if the linkage is off it might disconnect too early.

John_s
Tinkerer
Username: John_s

Post Number: 90

Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 01:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah I expect that's what's going on thanks. I'll see if I can live with it for now. I only paid forty pounds for it anyway.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration