Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Ikoflex IIa Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Zeiss Ikoflex IIa « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aford
Tinkerer
Username: Aford

Post Number: 99

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 05:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex model IIa TLR (looks like a Rolliflex)

Having problems getting into the shutter to clean it, shutter sticky but fires sometimes.

I've removed the slotted sleeve behind the lens inside the taking chamber also removed the taking and lens and some screws but unable to pull the shutter assembly off.

I've also removed left and right side covers but everything looks ok.

Barnum
Tinkerer
Username: Barnum

Post Number: 229

Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello.
The problem is most likely caused by the original lubricant drying out.Since the shutter fires sometimes, suggests the problem is not that acute. This advice has been given many times. Try some lighter fluid. Do not flood it. Possibly use a bit of tissue to lightly wipe the blades. You never know, you might get lucky!

Aford
Tinkerer
Username: Aford

Post Number: 100

Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 05:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Barnum
No need to clean the shutter blades now.
I managed to remove the shutter assembly and when I tested it off the camera it worked perfectly !!! so there must be a fault in the linkage in the body of the camera.

To get at the shutter assy. the lens surround plate with Zeiss Ikon on the front must be removed. On examination it seems to be impossible

But no, behind the shutter speed setting wheel there is a hole that is covered by the leather trim the goes around the edge of the front cover.

Inside the hole is a small grubscrew, unscrew this about four turns. Now do the same on the other side on the aperture setting wheel. The plate then pulls off to expose the shutter assembly.

With the lens surround plate removed it is then possible to adjust the focus at infinity by screwing the viewing lens in or out.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 316

Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 08:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's good to know, as I now have two IIa's that are in need of repair (was was partially disassembled by the previous owner). I had been told that the shutter linkage is a problem area on this model.

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration