Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica C35 flange focal distance problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica C35 flange focal distance problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Littlestevie
Tinkerer
Username: Littlestevie

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 09:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and to film photography, and
as a newbie I did my first stupid mistake while cleaning a Konica C35 :-/
I've removed the lens assembly from the focusing ring and I forgot to put marks in order to reassemble at the right position.
Now my Konica C35 lens assembly is clean but most likely at the wrong distance to the film plane.
Is there any way to fix this? Or do I have transformed my Konica into repair parts...

Thank you

Jeff
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 186

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 09:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You will need to adjust the focus to be correct at infinity. If you go the the Articles section of this site. Under the "test equipment" section there is an article on collimating a lens.
Essentially, you will need to use some trial and error to find the focus at infinity (the lens should rotate out to focus closer). Once you have infinity, you can re-assemble and make sure that the focus ring stops at the infinity point.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration