Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rolleiflex screw threads Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Rolleiflex screw threads « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mikevernon
Tinkerer
Username: Mikevernon

Post Number: 15

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 07:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My 3.5E has one screw missing - one of the ones holding the strap brackets to the sides of the camera body, The screw is 7mm long and approximately 1.6mm in diameter with a pitch of around 0.4mm to 0.5mm, all measured by eye with a ruler.
Can anybody tell me what thread these screws are, and better still, where to get hold of one? I'm assuming that they will be metric but I'm not sure.

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 1011

Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 08:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As you are in the UK; look up a UK based repairer of Rolleiflex equipment, or failing that a large and well established general repairer of photographic equipment. I have always found these establishments to be good sources of chassis parts and general fasteners - usually people are after cosmetic parts and these firms are left with a parts bin filled with screws, washers and plates etc.

Failing that a trip to your local computer/printer repairman will provide a suitable scrap printer to have a rummage over, screwhead may not match but length and thread diameter will no doubt be found.

Hanskerensky
Tinkerer
Username: Hanskerensky

Post Number: 191

Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 02:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you study the Rolleiflex service manual you'll see that there are different partnumbers for the screws at the frontend and the backend of the camera. Which one is missing on your E ?

Also there seems to be a change of the partnumbers (so maybe another type of screw) around 1966.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration