Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus Pen FT what's this on the pic... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus Pen FT what's this on the pictures? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Standreww_warhola
Tinkerer
Username: Standreww_warhola

Post Number: 18

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 02:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what's this on the pictures of an olympus pen ft?
The two things with the white arrow.
Has it something to do with adjustment of the lightmeter?
olympus pen ft_01olympus pen ft_02

thanks for watching

R_a_feldman
Tinkerer
Username: R_a_feldman

Post Number: 24

Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 08:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looks like it is a light meter adjustment pot. However, not all PEN FTs have them. My FT has individual fixed resistors and different wires.

Pen FT meter area

Standreww_warhola
Tinkerer
Username: Standreww_warhola

Post Number: 19

Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 08:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice, my other pen doesn't have them.
I thought i looked over something last time I opened my other Pen.

This Pen hasn't got a black ground wire that's connected to the viewfinder. Thought it was unusual.

The adjustment pot, is it one for lowlight- and the other for highlight-conditions?

No lets hope I get that Pen fixed again.

R_a_feldman
Tinkerer
Username: R_a_feldman

Post Number: 25

Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 10:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think you are right about the high and low adjustments. That was the conclusion of Tony Duell, who posted here in 2005 about his Pen FT meter. He measured the resistors as Front : 14k ohms, Rear : 7k Ohms

He said to set the front for high light and rear for low light.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration