Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax LX Warning Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Pentax LX Warning « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve_roberts
Tinkerer
Username: Steve_roberts

Post Number: 71

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 08:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just a note as a word of warning to anyone disassembling a Pentax LX or, more precisely, removing the bottom. If after reassembly the film advance is graunchy and the shutter is reluctant to fire, you've reversed the left and right hand screws securing the bottom plate. The one on the shutter button side is short and the one on the rewind crank side is long.
I speak from experience!!! Fortunately, no long-term damage seems to have been done and having changed the screws back, all seems to be well.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John_shriver
Tinkerer
Username: John_shriver

Post Number: 78

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 08:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The service manual for the LX has totally scared me off EVER going inside the camera. I leave this one to Eric Hendrickson.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration