Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon 7s Shutter Replacement Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Canon 7s Shutter Replacement « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Thomas1
Tinkerer
Username: Thomas1

Post Number: 18

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 08, 2012 - 04:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It looks like I will need to replace the shutter on a Canon 7s. But I have a few questions.
1. Is the body of the 7 the same as the 7s and could I just switch the shutter from one to the other from the bottom of the camera? Is it a bolt off then bolt on operation or will I have to do some work from the top of the camera besides calibrating the shutter speeds?
2. Could I switch the top mechanism from a Canon 7s to a Canon 7 rangefinder. Are the bodies that similar. How about switching the top of a Canon 7sZ to a Canon 7s?
3. What tools will I need? Any special tools?
4. On this camera, that I want to repair, there appears to be a tear in bottom of the curtain where it meets a metal strip, I think the first curtain, and the second curtain, coming from the right looking from the back of the camera does not appear at all.
5. It is my understanding that the shutters for the 7s and 7sz are identical and the same as the Canon 7.
Thanks in advance for any information that anyone has to give. I repaired the meter on this camera and would like to get it operational again.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration