Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Super Ikonta III wind/shutter interlo... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Super Ikonta III wind/shutter interlock fault « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Fredtheoyster
Tinkerer
Username: Fredtheoyster

Post Number: 15

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 02:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello again!
I've just had a splendid donation to my collection in the form of a Zeiss Super Ikonta III (Tessar version).
The one problem with it is, although the wind-on is working properly (locks after each wind and releases when shutter is fired) the shutter button is failing to lock up after firing. I've had the top off and can see a lever with what appears to be a little piece of wire that goes in a slot in the shutter button collar, but how is this adjusted? (I'm reluctant to bend it unless that's how it's meant to be done).
Cheers
Jim

Fredtheoyster
Tinkerer

Post Number: 17

Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 03:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry about the double post. I sometimes have technical problems with more than cameras! - and can't delete the repeated message. Ta, Jim

Hanskerensky
Tinkerer
Username: Hanskerensky

Post Number: 192

Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 04:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some thoughts :

1) Can you depress the shutterbutton deep enough ?
2) Maybe the release is sooner then the lock because the shutters orientation is not 100% and so the release comes too early. Check by pushing the release button down even after the release.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 326

Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 07:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fred, I've got some photos and running commentary on Flickr from the one I fixed on my 521/2 at http://flic.kr/s/aHsjvtbBqX

Hope it helps.

PF

Hanskerensky
Tinkerer
Username: Hanskerensky

Post Number: 193

Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 12:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And you could also have a look at the images in my Flickr set about my Super Ikonta III.

Super Ikonta 3 Filmtransport

Fredtheoyster
Tinkerer

Post Number: 18

Posted on Friday, June 15, 2012 - 01:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you very much to all for the replies and the wealth of information offered! Having managed to identify the right lever thanks to the photos, I found that it was just sticking due to lack of lubrication - a drop of oil and some exercise has restored the interlock to health.

Thanks!
Jim

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration