Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica T3 screen replacement? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica T3 screen replacement? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robau
Tinkerer
Username: Robau

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 02:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear members, hello! I´m new to this, hope I´ll get into it with some help.
Unfortunately I´m a big fan of Hexanon lenses, but for Konica SLR bodies it´s another story. Until now I`ve bought perhaps 15 bodies of all kinds, every single one has its own little bugs.
My dream of a perfect Camera: get one (or maybe two) T3s meters working, and first of all change the matte sreen for something brighter. At yahoo-Konica-techgroup I found something about replacing it with a Minolta x 300 screen. Seems complicatet, but i have enough bodies around to practice on. Is there a even brighter screen that could fit? At photo.net someone mentioned a Nikon E screen. But somehow I love fresnel lenses, like in that old Contaflexes..
Does anybody know where to get a T3 repair manual?
I don´t have any experience with camera repairs and electrics, but am quite a handy guy. And stubborn like hell.
Thanks in advance, Roland
By the way: there will be a open source documentation of all the mess...

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1215

Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 06:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not a manual, but I have repair notes on the Konica A/T series that you're welcome to - email me at [email protected]. The screen change is not simple, but you will probably have other reasons for doing the disassembly, so combine it all in one trip.

Hovaness
Tinkerer
Username: Hovaness

Post Number: 88

Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 08:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The T3 is a good camera to learn because it is undervalued, well-built, and quite repairable. Moreover, the meter can be recalibrated for silver oxide batteries. The tricky thing about replacing the focus screen is the timing of the shutter speed indicator, which runs on a string across the bottom of the viewfinder area. I can send you a PDF of a repair article that you should find helpful. I also have a number of T3 parts bodies if you need a part.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration