Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica C35 rangefinder - help with sp... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica C35 rangefinder - help with spring « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Fedupwithdigital
Tinkerer
Username: Fedupwithdigital

Post Number: 7

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 15, 2012 - 02:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

Hoping for some help here. Just got an non-working Konica C35 (the original, not the automatic).

I've removed the base plate and there is a loose spring. Honestly, it was loose when I opened her up!

Looking at the camera from above, with the camera face down and the lens facing away from you, the spring was fitted on a large screw at the top left of the camera. It has a short arm and a long arm with a hook. The metal piece it seems to be associated with pivots on the screw and seems to have the function of engaging with the winder mechanism to stop the winder advancing once the shutter has been charged.

There is an arm that looks like it should move this metal piece into position at the appropriate point. But there is nothing connecting the two pieces - I suspect that is what the spring is for.

Does anyone know what I'm describing and can they tell me how the spring should be reattached? Even better, if someone can post a picture of the bottom of the camera showing the spring in position that would be fantastic!

Any help will be much appreciated.

This won't be the end of my woes, I fear, as the although the camera winds on, the shutter button is jammed in and the shutter doesn't fire. At least the battery compartment and wires seem to be fine. And the rangefinder seems to well-aligned with the lens.

Fedupwithdigital
Tinkerer

Post Number: 8

Posted on Friday, June 15, 2012 - 05:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please ignore this post. I've worked out where to put the spring.

It goes over the screw, with the short arm against the neighbouring screw holder on the camera body (for one of the base plate screws). The long arm hooks round the metal plate and this holds the plate against the winder cogs.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 327

Posted on Friday, June 15, 2012 - 07:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did this also cure your shutter jam?

PF

Fedupwithdigital
Tinkerer

Post Number: 12

Posted on Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 11:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just for the sake of completeness, here is a picture showing the spring in place.
spring

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration