Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon IIF: What did I do now? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Canon IIF: What did I do now? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hollenbj
Tinkerer
Username: Hollenbj

Post Number: 64

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 01:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Forum,

I'm finally getting to my backlog of cameras in need of repair. First up is my Canon IIF that needed a repair to the wind shaft clutch.

I've fixed and reassembled the wind shaft with its coil-spring clutch placed correctly back in position (thank you forum members for help with that). I then checked to see if things work properly, they don't.

Somehow, I've made it so the shutter curtains both trip together when I press the release unless I tension the wind knob (wind on) and hold it that way while pressing the shutter release; then I get normal shutter operation (one curtain travels across the film plane, then the other). But, that's not the whole story. Somehow I managed to make it so the shutter speed dial sets the correct shutter speed *before* winding on. Correct behavior is to set the shutter speed after winding. I'm certain the 2 issues I describe here are related.

Any idea what I did or what's going on? For what its worth, this camera is nearly identical to the Leica IIIa, so if you're familiar with the IIIa you might have some insight.

I deeply appreciate any help here. This camera's been in a disassembled state for much too long.

Thanks,
jeff.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration