Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canonet QL GIII 17 stuck film advanc... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Canonet QL GIII 17 stuck film advance lever « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Krob
Tinkerer
Username: Krob

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 18, 2012 - 04:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey,

After a couple of months really enjoying my Canonet all of a sudden my advance lever got stuck. Its stuck pretty much halfway and its not able to move. Im not able to fire the camera, so its unuseable now. Does anyone know how i can repair this problem, so that im able to use this lovely camera again?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 332

Posted on Monday, June 18, 2012 - 08:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could be something in the bottom of the camera has come loose, or a broken spring. You won't know until you open it up.

PF

Krob
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 12:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I opened it up but couldnt find anything weird, but then i dont really know what to look for. Its my first camera i have opened. Nothing seemed loose anyway. Any other suggestions where i need to look?

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 333

Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 05:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do a search of the Archives here for better advice than I can give. I have a good understanding of the basic design of cameras, but I've never worked on this particular model.

PF

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1216

Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 06:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you positive that the shutter isn't already cocked? It could be the shutter rather than the wind lever that's stuck. There is a little link in the front that controls the locking of the wind lever after the shutter is cocked, but that more often fails in the unlocked than in the locked condition. I do have a set of general purpose Taking It Apart notes on the Canonet. If you'd like a copy of those, email me at [email protected]

Krob
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 10:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sorry for the late reply. The shutter is uncocked.
Which link are you describing...and where is it located, if you have a picture that would be great. Unless all of that is in the taking apart notes? I'll email you for the copy.

Thanks
Rob

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration