Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Electro35 GSN shutter speed ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica Electro35 GSN shutter speed - not POD! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 190

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 18, 2012 - 04:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Before I begin, yes, I have checked the archives and downloaded a repair manual. And yes, I have checked the POD and it is fine. I have also ajusted the "rods" to work correctly.
The problem with this camera has to do with the shutter speed at small apertures and low light.
The camera seems to function fine under normal lighting conditions (although I haven't put film through it yet), but when the light is low and I put the camera on f16, the shutter will open indefinetly and not close until I increase the light level. At f11 it seems OK. With more light at f16 it also seems reasonable.
I know I can adjust the ISO dial to compensate for about 1/3 stop, but this will not be enough.
Has anyone experienced this before?

Railcrew
Tinkerer
Username: Railcrew

Post Number: 27

Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 09:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In low light the shutter will stay open as long as it takes for correct exposure, up to 30 seconds (as per the manual). try it with film.

Colsebastianmoran
Tinkerer
Username: Colsebastianmoran

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, July 04, 2012 - 02:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had a GSN with this problem. It was good at all settings except the shutter stayed open too long at f/16. There is a switch contact and a resistor at each f-stop. I suspect the contact/resistor at f/16 was bad.

Good luck with your camera.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration