Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Topcon 5.8cm 3.5 Micro-Topcor Bellows... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Topcon 5.8cm 3.5 Micro-Topcor Bellows lens disassembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brianw
Tinkerer
Username: Brianw

Post Number: 15

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 04:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is a new one: The semi-auto diaphragm on my bellows mount, Micro-Topcor is inop. The shutter blades are oily and the semi-auto feature does not work. I think that a good cleaning would fix it but I can't figure how to disassemble the lens. Any help?5.8cm 3.5 Macro-Topcor small image

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 1028

Posted on Friday, June 29, 2012 - 07:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What appears to be two? holes in the face of the front baffle - 'Under' the p and o of Topcor, stirs a very dim and distant memory (I think!). If this is the lens I recall, unscrew front name ring and then remove the baffle. Now we come to the 'Oh Bugger!' bit as I cannot remember what the holes in the baffle do, something is telling me that you may find a grubscrew or two lurking there, but I just cannot recall more details. The lens in question was an old works item that had been dropped and the screwed on finger grip had been bent and the locating screw broken. Being a bit of old works kit I did not keep the stripdown notes - if I ever took any in the first place.

So whilst the above is not very helpful, I suggest you try and unscrew the name ring first and then progress to the baffle, looking out for grub/lockscrews on the way.

John_shriver
Tinkerer
Username: John_shriver

Post Number: 83

Posted on Friday, June 29, 2012 - 07:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are three setscrews that keep the rear group from being unscrewed. There are slots for a spanner on the outside to unscrew it.

It's pretty obvious you need to get the front dress ring off, using a rubber stopper.

Note that the "funnel ring" is part of the actuator for the aperture -- it rotates. I think the two holes would be where the mounting screws are. But clearly you can't get it out without removing the dress ring.

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 1029

Posted on Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 03:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

John,

Thanks for proving my 'brain' is still operating in the search department!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration