Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica Auto-Reflex rewind crank Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica Auto-Reflex rewind crank « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bobd
Tinkerer
Username: Bobd

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 29, 2012 - 03:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found a beautiful Konica Auto-Reflex, the original model with full/half frame capability. But it has one glitch. Turning the rewind crank does not cause the spindle below to turn. It appears to be geared somewhere under the top and I presume the gears are stripped or broken. Anyone have any experience with this camera? It doesn't appear easy to remove the top cover and I'd rather not attempt it unless I have some idea what I might find. Obviously if I need a replacement gear it will take a while to find one.

Studio1476
Tinkerer
Username: Studio1476

Post Number: 13

Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 07:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Unfortunately, I can't offer a solution, only the comfort that you're not alone in being stuck with this problem. I've been able to loosen everything but the rewind crank on my Auto-Reflex, and haven't yet figured out the trick to removing it. The usual strategies don't seem to work, especially since in my example the rewind fork itself is missing. I'm hoping to remove the top cover so I can fashion and attach a replacement fork, and also fix the partially stripped rewind gears. Let me know if you find out the secret to removing the top cover, and I'll do likewise!

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 183

Posted on Wednesday, July 04, 2012 - 09:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, it has been over a decade since I last repaired the Auto-Reflex but I did keep some notes on removing the top cover: remove the pin holding the rewind crank and hold the rewind fork while removing the ring that encircles the rewind crank.

These are all the rather sparse notes that I have on removing the rewind crank. I do have some new parts (gears) for the rewind mechanism on this camera so if you need parts, PM me with a photo of the bits you may need.

Bill

Bobd
Tinkerer
Username: Bobd

Post Number: 7

Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 07:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you both -- you have given me hope!

I will report my progress ...

Studio1476
Tinkerer
Username: Studio1476

Post Number: 14

Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 02:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for those tips, Brcamera. I removed the pin holding the rewind crank, but haven't yet been able to remove the ring under it since the rewind fork inside the camera is completely gone. So, there's nothing to grip to prevent the rewind ring from rotating freely. Can you think of any way to get at this?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration