Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM-1 repair manual Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus OM-1 repair manual « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Erland
Tinkerer
Username: Erland

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 02, 2012 - 12:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm new to this forum and tried the search feature without any succsess.

I'm hoping for a recomendation where to get a repair manual for OM-1.

In the frist place I need to find out how to assembele properly the shutter ring mechanism in the bayonett.

Thanks...

Denny
Tinkerer
Username: Denny

Post Number: 103

Posted on Monday, July 02, 2012 - 04:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This site has the exploded views under the repair manual tab.

Erland
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, July 02, 2012 - 06:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well...I found out how to assemble the mechanism for the shutter setting ring so this works correctly, as it seems.
But the exposure meter is lifeless.
Any suggestions?

Erland
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, July 02, 2012 - 07:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Denny, I have looked at that one, but I guess I need a proper repair/service manual, also for the future.
Thanks anyway.

Denny
Tinkerer
Username: Denny

Post Number: 104

Posted on Monday, July 02, 2012 - 09:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is one on Scribd. Good Luck!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/47180100/Olympus-OM-1-Service-Manual

And here it is in 4 PDF files.

http://olympus.dementix.org/Hardware/

Erland
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 04:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks a lot for the link to "The Olympus Hardweare Resource Page". Exactly what I needed.

I still wonder what happened to the light metering, since I have not touched anything behind the bayonet. The threads connecting to the lens transmission seem to be functioning as before.
The needle in the wievfinder is not moving at all and stays in the lowest position.
I did not remove the battery at once, but after the disassembly. Could this possibly have caused the malfunction?

R_a_feldman
Tinkerer
Username: R_a_feldman

Post Number: 26

Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 09:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is very common for the wire from the battery to the light meter to corrode and break the circuit. That is most likely the problem.

BTW, you also probably need to remove the foam by the pentaprism, as it usually turns to goo and can desilver the prisim.

Erland
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 07:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the tip feldman.
It might of cource be the cause.

The strange thing (to me) is that this happend to two OM1's the same day after disassembling and reassembling the shutter transmission. The metering worked perfectly before I started.

Anyway, it seems I got myself a new thrilling hobby, just need to get some more tools to remove the top plate and sheck the circuits. I'm starting with just a set of JIS drivers.
One of my cameras is suffering after an unforessen bath in a river some years ago, and will be used for self-tutation and spare parts.

Indeed a fascinating camera to look into, and this is obviously a very usefull forum.
Thanks.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration