Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Has this Konica C35 been hacked? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Has this Konica C35 been hacked? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Railcrew
Tinkerer
Username: Railcrew

Post Number: 32

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 06, 2012 - 09:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think I've got a lemon of a camera here? The focus knob is not original? It's riveted on somehow, though onto the original focus ring. The filter ring is not flush with the focus ring, if you look from above the camera, it is cock-eyed. how can I fix that? I looked for the spanner slots but the only ones I see are way down in, between the filter ring and outer black ring (the one around the ASA setting ring) The meter needle doesn't seem to work either, a fresh battery only makes it come up from the bottom a little even pointed at the sunny sky (about 1/30th sec.) can't tell if the shutter is correct speed.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nickon51
Tinkerer
Username: Nickon51

Post Number: 159

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 03:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It looks pretty much the same as mine. The difference is that the black plastic finger grip has been changed to a much larger knob. Yes the retaining ring is quite deep between the faceplate and the barrel. The barrel, with the filter threads on it does protude further than the focus ring.
I do notice the focus and auto ring are not parallel in some settings.
The outside exposures last time i used it were a bit dark, I haven't tried to fault find.
I'll have a look in the daylight tomorrow

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration