Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Problem with Distagon Hasselblad 3.5/... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Problem with Distagon Hasselblad 3.5/60mm lens « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pdphoto
Tinkerer
Username: Pdphoto

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 06:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,
I recently bought a Distagon 3.5/60mm lens to use on a Nikon D800. I'll be using it with a Mirex adapter. My problem is with the lens. There are two issues I need to resolve and fairly quickly as I intended to travel overseas soon with this combination. The lens has a screw release on the rear of the lens that, when turned in the direction of the bright orange arrow above it, closes the aperture blades. Of course I can't take photos like that but I don't know how to reverse the problem. Is it a simple solution? Hoping...

Second, it doesn't focus to infinity. There's about another 15mm to turn before reaching the infinity mark but it won't turn that far and I don't want to force it. It looks to me that at the close focus end it goes about the same distance too far ie, beyond where it should stop for min focus distance of about 18 inches or so. My question about this part is - is it something easy to adjust or does it need to be sent off for repair?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 1030

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 06:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The screw on the rear of the lens releases the spring tension on the aperture blades when turned in the direction of 'arrow'. It's doing what it is supposed to do, so there is no problem there.

As to the focus problem - judging by the content of your second paragraph you have not tried focusing the lens through the DSLR. If it is just a misaligned focus ring the lens will focus correctly on the screen and be quite usable on the slr. If the lens has been misassembled it will need stripping down and correcting. I cannot lay my hands on a Zeiss manual for this lens, so cannot tell you how to realign the focus ring etc. If you have no DIY experience I would have a repairman sort this out for you.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration