Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica FS-1 with unresponsive meterin... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica FS-1 with unresponsive metering LED's. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kareldc
Tinkerer
Username: Kareldc

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 12:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I just purchased a FS-1 with the 40mm f1.4 and 135mm f3.5 for 25 euros.
The seller threw in a free FS-1.

I cleaned the corroded battery chamber and got everything to work. Except the LED indicator for the light metering in the viewfinder.

Does anyone have any suggestions what could be causing it?

I would not mind doing a little bit of a repair job. I just repaired a T3 last weekend.

Repair manuals are most welcome!

Cheers,
Karel.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Scott_tcr
Tinkerer
Username: Scott_tcr

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 01:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There's 3 flex connections that usually deteriorate. You can clean up the old and replace with a rubber band cut to fit or something simular.

I'm gonna give up on trying to post a pic, but the connections are easy to spot under the top cover. The original green rubber turns to mush and causes intermittant connection.

fyi, when checking the camera, the top cover has to be installed for the shutter to work correctly.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration