Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Need advice on repair of Panasonic FZ50 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Need advice on repair of Panasonic FZ50 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Coffeeman
Tinkerer
Username: Coffeeman

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 02:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello. I have a Panasonic FZ50 digital camera that was dropped and now does not work properly. There are white horizontal lines in photos displayed on the camera itself and in the photos when transferred to computer. My guess is that there are channels of information missing (my layman's terms, hope it makes sense). The following is a link to a picture taken with the camera showing these lines: http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p483/Wantcoffee99/camera%20symptom/problemwi ththepanasonicLumixDMC-FZ50.jpg

I would like to try to fix the camera as it was a very good camera for me, but I do not want to go to a repair shop as the camera is not worth as much as a repair would cost. I am prepared to it apart and make an attempt; nothing to lose really as the picture illustrates. Could someone provide guidance as to what to look for when I get inside the thing?

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 344

Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 07:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, Panasonic just announced the new FZ60, if you can wait a couple months before it hits the shelf. Cameras these days just aren't built tank-like as the old film cameras were. I don't want to sound flip, but it's better to just buy another one. They should be going on clearance soon.

PF

Leesobing
Tinkerer
Username: Leesobing

Post Number: 73

Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 10:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

it may be shutter problem.or anti shock parts problem.only replace the parts.

R_a_feldman
Tinkerer
Username: R_a_feldman

Post Number: 27

Posted on Friday, July 27, 2012 - 11:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I do not have experience with the internals of the Panasonic digital cameras, but one possibility is that the fall damaged either the sensor, affecting one of the internal layers, such as a lensing layer, or the contacts between the sensor and the main circuit board. In either case, the damage would not be easily seen with the naked eye and would be hard to fix, short of replacing the entire sensor unit. On the other hand, the fix could be a simple as unseating and reconnecting the flexible connector between the sensor board and the main board.

A new lens unit costs $70 on eBay (e.g., auction 320944631713). I have had a Canon Elph 300 screen replaced by this vendor and liked their service.

Overall, though, as Br1078lum said, it might be cheaper to get another camera.

Bob

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration