Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Agfa OPTIMA 535 sensor Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Agfa OPTIMA 535 sensor « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kareldc
Tinkerer
Username: Kareldc

Post Number: 5

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 01:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just got one of these online, it appears to be in good condition. I'm having trouble finding the way to get the batteries in and what should happen when I put them in.

There's an icon below the viewfinder inside of the body which shows 3 batteries. I put some in but nothing happens.

No LED's are seen inside the viewfinder or something...

Anyone any thoughts?

Cheers,
K.

Hollenbj
Tinkerer
Username: Hollenbj

Post Number: 72

Posted on Friday, July 20, 2012 - 11:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have the Optima 1 which just has a selenium meter. However, I noticed that the small silver tab in the viewfinder, which looks like it should move, does not. It is stuck to the outer viewfinder window. I'm not sure if this helps you or not, but perhaps your camera is similar and the problem is with the sliding tab? Then again, your camera may be way different than the Optima 1. Good luck.

Dirbel
Tinkerer
Username: Dirbel

Post Number: 70

Posted on Friday, July 20, 2012 - 01:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The OPTIMA 535 takes three 625 alkaline cells. The orientation of the cells should be marked in the battery chamber.
A slight touch of the shutter buttom will activate the meter - there are two LEDs in the viewfinder: one red, one green.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration