Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Vivitar 135mm f2.8 (Pre 1970 - Nikon ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Vivitar 135mm f2.8 (Pre 1970 - Nikon nonAI) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Romka055
Tinkerer
Username: Romka055

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 01:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there,

I'm working on restoring an Vivitar 135 f2.8 (serial starts 10###).
I got most of the lens dissembled, but I can't get the mount off.
Can see any screws on it or on the sides.
Not being able to remove the mount (back plate) leaves me with the main barrel, the aperture ring and the back plate together.
Al the lens elements and aperture were removed from the front.
Does anyone have a clue on how to the the back part apart?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Thepurush
Tinkerer
Username: Thepurush

Post Number: 39

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 - 08:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have cleaned all elements of one such lense. I too couldnt open the lense from back. But it was posible to clean all elemens from the front and also back. The lese is workig very well. In my opinion it is not necessary to open the blade assembly unless they arent moving as they should.
If the lense glass el;ements are fully serviciable without much dismantling why bother abt full dismantle?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration