Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ricohflex focusing ring problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Ricohflex focusing ring problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gemc
Tinkerer
Username: Gemc

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 12:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello!
I've just bought a Ricohflex Million and the focusing ring doesn't seem to work. It just spins? Is there any way of making it work? I've never had this sort of camera before so I might just be being really daft.
Ta.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Denny
Tinkerer
Username: Denny

Post Number: 106

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 05:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Around the focusing lens ring and geared lens ring there are three set screws, about 120 degrees apart. These are what "clamps" the geared rings to the lenses.

But - I would not be surprised if the reason the lens doesn't turn is that the old grease has hardend. Agfa and Ricoh used a green grease that hardens with age. On my Model VII, I took one of the two rings off and screwed the lenses out and with a Qtip, lighter fluid and a toothpick removed all of the old grease and put new grease on them. Then I had to re-synchronize the focus lens to the taking lens.

Good luck

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration