Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon N4004 won't rewind. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Nikon N4004 won't rewind. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Swiftonik
Tinkerer
Username: Swiftonik

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 09:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Nikon N4004 film camera. I've used a roll of film with 24 exposures and once I used up all the film, I used the rewind function on the camera. However, the film did no rewind as the motor kept going and going. I am aware that the rewind takes no more than 10 seconds. I went into a darkroom and rolled up the film manually so my roll does not get exposed. What might be the problem with my camera? How much would it cost to fix and how should I go about doing so? Any information will be appreciated. Thanks in advanced!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 192

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 23, 2012 - 09:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pop off the bottom. See if the rubber belt snapped (the Rebel uses a system like that so Nikon may have used it too). If that is not the cause, maybe a toothy gear cracked. I think it would be cheaper to buy a replacement than get it repaired. The 4004 is selling cheap these days.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration