Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta XG-1 Lens/ film advance lever. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta XG-1 Lens/ film advance lever. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Songofstorms
Tinkerer
Username: Songofstorms

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 - 03:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, my grandfather just gave me his old Minolta xg-1.
It took me a few weeks to get the batteries and film, but today, we finally got them and put them in.

At first, the advance lever wasn't working, but then it loosened up, and i thought all was well. but as i tried to take a picture, the shutter wouldn't open back up. after a few minutes, it did.
so i tried taking another, and the shutter still hasnt opened. (this was about 45 minutes ago.)
Please help me!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Romka055
Tinkerer
Username: Romka055

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 29, 2012 - 08:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First check the batteries, there is a bat-check option on the "on-off" switch. turn the switch and hold it, the red light next to the lens should light up.

If the batteries are ok, check the light meter.
Next put the speed dial to about 125-250, crank the shutter and try to shoot.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration