Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

EL FRE Orientation Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » EL FRE Orientation « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gene
Tinkerer
Username: Gene

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 07:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had to remove the top and the FRE to repair the battery light on my ELw. I have the repair manual and I've been doing my own repair work on my Fs and F2s for years, so diving into the camera is no problem. The only problem I've run into is replacing the FME module. I don't see anywhere in the manual how to aline (clock) the gear on the FRE and the gear conneting it to the lens resistor ring.

Anybody here clue me in on how to reassemble the FRE back into the body?

Thanks

Gene
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stanblute
Tinkerer
Username: Stanblute

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 07:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If it's similar to the FRE installation on the FE, install a lens and set the aperture to f/1.8. There should be no slack between the stop on the base plate and the stop on the moving gear. The gear shouldn't move when you change from f/1.8 to f/1.4. And it should move immediately when you move off f/1.8 toward f/2. There's enough slack in the mounting screw holes to make minor adjustments between one tooth and the next.
Skip

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration