Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Voigtländer Vitoret L Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Voigtländer Vitoret L « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mjeurissen
Tinkerer
Username: Mjeurissen

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 06:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I recently received a Voigtländer Vitoret L (It's currently taken apart so I can't take a picture of the complete camerat, but here is a link to it. It's in pretty good condition, except the shutter doesn't work. So I opened it to see what´s wrong. It turned out the wind mechanism for the shutter in the lens (Color-Lanthar 2,8/50) was somehow jammed. While opening the lens and playing a bit with it, it started working again. Now I need to put the shutter blades, which I shaked out when they got loose, back in. The problem is, I can't remove the last part to reach the place where they belong. Here is a picture of the disassembled camera and lens.

Assembly

In the next picture I marked the two parts that I can't take apart due to the winding lever shown in the circle.

Problem

The small pin that goes through it prevents it from going through the hole. I tried pulling and pushing with no result. Does anyone know how the two parts are held together? Or should I approach this differently?

Greetings,
Marijn
Delft, The Netherlands

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 190

Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 11:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The taper pin will have to be removed to get at the mechanism plate. It is a tight fit. I modified a chain nose plier by drilling a hole through one side and this lets you put enough pressure on the pin to push it out. Careful use of a small plier should work, keep in mind that the pin should be pressed out toward the outside of the shutter. Once you get the pin pressed almost out of the shaft, you can carefully grab it with pliers and finish removal. Be careful as the pin can break if it is twisted excessively.
Bill

Mjeurissen
Tinkerer
Username: Mjeurissen

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you very much. I finally managed to pull the pin out =)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration