Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Film-Advance Lever on Minolta X370n w... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Film-Advance Lever on Minolta X370n wont advance... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bruno97
Tinkerer
Username: Bruno97

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 05:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,
yesterday night my grandfather handed me a like new Minolta X370n. I went today to buy film and new batteries. I put the film in correctly (I know this because the bar above the lever is red in the far left corner)and I put the batteries in too. I didnt see any red lights, so i put in different batteries. Now, everytime I turn the camera on, for a split second I see a red 'A' in the look box. The lever wont pull past the 30 degree angle and the shutter wont click. Help please! I really wanted to be able to use this camera as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Elise
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Denny
Tinkerer
Username: Denny

Post Number: 108

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 12:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do a search on "Minolta x capacitor" and set the match options to "and" for all words. My first blush is this sounds similar to the well known capacitor issue.

https://kyp.hauslendale.com//cgi-bin/forum/search.cgi

BTW - I was lucky. My X570 works and I didn't have to do the repair, but many others on this site have.

Good Luck

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration