Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak EasyShare Z1012 IS Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Kodak EasyShare Z1012 IS « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kristin
Tinkerer
Username: Kristin

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 01:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My camera isn't as old as the norm for this forum, but I love it and would really appreciate any help given. I recently bumped my camera and now, although everything seems to be working mechanically, and I was able to download the pictures already taken, any new pictures (and the view through the viewfinder) are completely black.

Michael_linn
Tinkerer
Username: Michael_linn

Post Number: 68

Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 03:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Repair manuals are available for some models.

But without the model number no one here or anywhere can likely help as Kodak put the "Easyshare" name on dozens of very different models.

Even if you can buy the manual and parts, it will probably cost less to just buy a used replacement of the same model.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 350

Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 06:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's the problem with the new digitals. Even if you could find someone to fix it, it would cost more than buying another one. If it's under warranty, and you send it back for repair, they are more likely to just send you a new one to replace it. But since Kodak is not in the camera manufacturing business anymore, and your's is an older model, you might want to peruse a review site like http://www.dpreview.com/ to see what is available in a price and feature range you like.

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration